At Chimera Ranch, we understand the importance of establishing a foundation for keeping a focus on where we want to be and daily principles for helping us to get there.
Our goal as alpaca breeders is to create a herd of alpacas, with a focus on colorations.We will leverage the best genetics and selectively integrate them to create alpacas with the highest quality of fleece fineness, density and character possible, while maintaining excellent conformation in the body structure.
We plan to maintain a foundation of 8 to 12 Dams and 4 to 6 industry prominent herdsires.
To enhance our ability to improve on the overall genetics of our herd, we intend to replace our foundation dams every 3 - 4 years.
Chimera Ranch will exist and grow by following these principles:
- Treat everyone that comes to visit our farm or booths, with the respect, fairness, individualized attention and honesty that we ourselves would expect to be treated.
- Initiate and develop personal business relationships with a focus on creating loyal customers.
- Make available, top-of-the-line alpacas at competitive industry pricing.
- Willingly learn and effectively share our knowledge with new and proven alpaca breeders and owners.
- Conduct ourselves and our business in a manner that does not disgrace ourselves, mentors or the associations we belong to or the industry as a whole.
- Be open and honest regarding all aspects of any information describing ourselves or the animals that we are presenting for sale or lease.
- Ensure that all of our customer's expectations are met by standing behind any and all guarantees and commitments made either verbally or in written form.
- Ensure that all of our customer's needs are met by freely and willingly giving of ourselves.
We succeed only when our CUSTOMERS succeed.